If you’re in the market for a new family dentist, you may wonder what type of services these professionals will offer. Make sure you find a dental practice that offers a wide range of services, so you’ll be certain that your family’s dental needs are fully covered. Let’s have a close look at some services offered by a general dental practice.
General Services at a Family Dentist
There are several general services that a family dentist should be able to offer you. Here are some of them below:
* Routine Care –Routine care includes regular dental exams, fluoride treatments, teeth cleaning, x-rays, smile analysis, and treatment planning. Routine dental care is very important to ensure health of your gums, teeth and mouth- at every age!
* Dentures – Dentures can easily improve your smile and can enhance your facial appearance, as well as make it easier for you to eat and speak. Dentures can be partial or complete depending upon your needs. If you need dentures, you’ll get guidance, expertise, and considerate support at your chosen dental practice.
* Sealants – One of the best ways to fight tooth decay in vulnerable teeth is by using sealants. Dentist can apply plastic resin on chewing surfaces of your teeth, bonding into groves and depressions of molars and premolars. These sealants act as barrier, protecting your enamel from plaque, bacteria, and acids.
* Fillings – Fillings are used by dental practice to repair damaged, worn or decayed teeth. They use wide range of restorative options depending on what best suits your needs, including alloy, metal, porcelain, or plastic.
* Root Canals – Any injury or disease in the root canal is treated by dentists using root canal treatment. It usually means removal of damaged or diseased pulp, cleaning the pulp chamber, and its root canals, and then sealing it again.
* Porcelain Crowns – Crowns serve many purposes, including improving and strengthening the appearance of badly shaped or discolored natural teeth, supporting the tooth with large fillings, protecting weak tooth, aiding in attaching a bridge, and covering a dental implant.
Going to a Family Dentist: Don’t Be Scared
If you need any sort of dental work done, don’t put it off. What causes people the most problems is when they let a dental problem get worse. A lot of times, something that could have been fixed with a simple visit ends up being a tooth extraction or even oral surgery.
Brush and floss daily. Go in for a teeth cleaning at least once a year. And where to do it?
Why, at your family dentist in Gilbert, of course.
Gilbert Vista Dental Care
2451 East Baseline Road #210
Gilbert, AZ 85234