A Gilbert dentist is someone who can help you avoid dangerous oral diseases such as cancer.
Avoid Dental Problems: Visit Your Gilbert Dentist
As we covered previously,in addition to helping you maintain proper dental hygiene, a dentist can also detect signs of oral cancer while examining your mouth. Early diagnosis of oral cancer can lead to effective and timely treatment of the condition.
6. Dental Diseases and Infections
Based on study findings, most people suffer from gum disease of some kind. Additionally, some dental diseases and infections are related to certain health conditions. For instance, an infection in the gums may spread to the heart, hence predisposing the patient to heart disease or heart attack. As such, having any type of dental disease or infection is a valid reason to visit a dentist. The following are some of the commonest infections and diseases, in this regard:
• Gum disease: Gum disease is caused by infectious bacteria in the mouth. This infection increases the amount of bacteria in your mouth considerably. Such bacteria may then spread to other parts of the body, through the blood, and affect other body organs.
• Tooth decay: If not attended to, tooth decay creates cavities in the affected teeth. This may lead to swelling, toothache and even loss of teeth. Such eventualities make chewing of food challenging for the patient.
• Periodontal disease: Regardless of how often you brush and floss your teeth, calculus and plaque will build up in your mouth. The increased calculus and plaque secrete a certain enzyme that may dissolve bone tissue in the mouth. To prevent this, you should visit your dentist regularly to have them removed.
7. Lesions in the Mouth
The presence of blisters and sores in your mouth can be signs of an underlying health complication. Additionally, such sores and blisters may also lead to irritation in the mouth or serve as entry points for infections. As such, it is important to have them examined and treated by a qualified dental practitioner.
8. Following a Dental Procedure
Follow up check ups after a dental procedure is another reason you need to schedule a meeting with a dentist. If you recently had a dental procedure, such as crowns, fillings, dentures, and implants, carried out on your mouth, it is advisable to visit your dentist regularly. Such visits to the dentist are important in that they will help the professional evaluate the progress and effectiveness of the dental procedure.
Visiting Your Dentist in Gilbert in Summation
There are several reasons to schedule an appointment. Maybe you want a beautiful smile. Maybe you want to just take care of your health. Whatever the reason, it all starts with a dental exam. So call your dentist in Gilbert today.
Gilbert Vista Dental Care
2451 East Baseline Road #210
Gilbert, AZ 85234